My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 18 April 2017

Vintage or Shabby at Eclectic Ellapu

Good morning folks, have you had a good Easter weekend? I hope so! It's lovely to have a few days off work but it's back to the grindstone for me this morning unfortunately. After being without internet for ages I'm catching up with some posts that I missed. This is for our Vintage/Shabby Chic challenge at Eclectic Ellapu which started on 1st April but there's still loads of time to play along so if you have  a minute, grab a cuppa and pop over to check out my teamies beautiful artwork.


I've made a double sided tag for my DT project, one side is a little more feminine and shabby chic and the other side is a more masculine vintage project. I've used my new Indigo Blu acrylic paints and stamps to create this one. I began with a wash of Olive Waistcoat on a tag. Once that was dry I applied Pink Iced Gem acrylic paint through an Indigo Blu rose stencil. followed by a layer of Ultra Thick Slap it on and a dusting of clear microbeads. I just love this effect but it's hard to see on the pic.


I stamped an IB text stamp here and there with more of the Pink Iced Gem paint and then set to adding some embellishemnts - lace, ribbon, bead trim, a few paper flowers and a key. The little plaque was painted with more of the pale pink paint and stamped with a sentiment and grasses from IB Victorian Garden, love these stamps!! The butterfly is from the same set too.

For the other side of my tag I used more Olive Waistcoat paint and also some Leather Corset. I stamped with some of the smaller stamps from Chemistry Lab and grasses from Victorian Garden using Potting Soil Archival ink. The clock was made using an Indigo Blu stencil and gilding flakes. The little chap was coloured with acrylics and i added highlights with gilding flakes and a quickie glue pen. I added a few little cogs and a sentiment, also from Chemistry Lab.


I really enjoyed making this, I love these new paint colours!

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps: not a square card
Creative Artiste: Anything goes
My Time to Craft: no designer paper
Stamping Sensations: April - anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is so so very stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super tag Claire and the sentiment on the reverse did raise a smile, it's what hubby often say's to me in disapproval when I have a messy inky session (he's not a fan). Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    Beautiful, i love the shabby chic side but the other side is also very awesome.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful 2-sided tag! I love the background and quote on the 'unsupervised' side'! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tag, Claire, I love how you've decorated both sides. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic tag and so good to see both sides (especially with the sentiment!) The colours you have created are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media, Anything Goes, #25 April Challenge. Good luck! Love Denyse (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag!
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...